10 compelling MBA dissertation topics in business ethics
Understanding business ethics is vital for anyone who is working on an MBA degree. People who are unethical in their business practices, might succeed in the short term, but in the long term, they will suffer consequences. As students take business ethics classes, they learn about the code of conduct that many businesses use everyday. These codes explain how employees interact with each other and how they interact with their clients. To better understand the complexity of business ethics at the master’s level, students are assigned a dissertation so they can delve deeply into the topic.
Here are several topic ideas that could help your create a quality project:
- Should female employees be given more time off to care for newborn babies?
- Should companies purchase products from other companies that do not practice business ethics?
- Should companies that manufacture addictive or dangerous products (like sugary and/or fattening foods, handguns, or prescription medication) be forced to contribute money to research those results of those substances?
- Should cellphone companies share the results of cancer research and their phones to the general public?
- Should companies use health care programs that pay for their employees to go to health clubs, yoga studios, and other fitness locations?
- Should companies in the US rely on the federal government to help bail them out if they get into financial trouble?
- Should small businesses fall under the same recall rules as global corporations?
- Should CEOs and other business leaders be paid salaries that are several times larger than the rest of the employees?
- Should companies like amusement parks have different safety regulations based on the state where the park is located?
- Should public entities like schools and government offices be allowed to hire-out services from private companies?
When you are working on creating a topic for your business ethics dissertation. There are several conditions to consider. It is vital to think of a topic that applies to the current business world. While it is still timely to discuss sexual harassment in the workplace, it might not be timely to discuss the relationships between secretaries and bosses. The topic should be clever but appropriately academic. If you can captivate your reader, your grade will show it. Finally, the topic should be detailed so you can actually write about it.Get expert dissertation writing help from reliable source. Do you need a help with college paper? Ask Term Paper Easy and get a proper advice.
10 Business Ethics Research Paper Topics To Explore
If you are writing a business ethics research paper, there are a few key areas that you can focus on to help you to get a good grade. Consider using some of these top ideas when you write.
BUSINESS ETHICS WRITING IDEAS
- For starters, consider writing about Sarbanes-Oxley, or SOX guidelines and ways that we can ensure that they work better for us. After the Bernie Madoff case, we want to ensure that there are no companies secretly stealing millions from the public again.
- Another key idea that you can choose to do your assignment on is Goldman Sachs. After the 2008 credit crisis and housing debacle, Goldman Sachs, which played a large role in a lot of mortgages that went bust, was not really penalized the way that they should have been. What's to stop them from doing it again?
- While we’re mentioning big corporations, as it relates to Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, are big businesses and government too close? Should government employees be allowed to work with top corporations or will this sway potential vote in their direction for key legislature?
- You can also write about ethics as it relates to companies, in general. Are there better ways that we can ensure that people don't ‘cook the books’, so to speak, and to ensure that they are reputable in their business dealings.
- Next, focus on companies that might be destroying the environment. There are a lot of companies that work in China, which are contributing to the emissions problem as it relates to natural gas is in the environment. Should they be penalized? Should companies have to pay a fee if they don't use solar power and natural resources?
- Consider writing about ethics as it relates to society as a whole. As we have to ensure that we are socially responsible, should it be mandatory that any company has to help the environment in some capacity, as well as the surrounding neighborhoods and communities?
- What do you think about companies that only hire family members or only hiring people of a certain race or stature? Are we really hiring on a fair basis?
- Should laws be implemented to ensure that companies are diverse in their hiring practices, as well as ensuring that they hire those who are disabled?
- You could also write about companies that don't want to pay or don't want to raise the minimum wage. Should they be penalized?
- If a company is a large conglomerate like Walmart or Target and has their employees doing a lot of work should they be forced to offer higher salaries?
As you look at these various ideas, they are all related to various types of business ethics, corporations, and various companies. This can help to ensure that you are well on your way to finding the right idea for your assignment and closer to getting that top grade!